Sunday 8 April 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in "On and On Bronze"!


Hey Chicks!

Excuse the retro greeting, I'm trying to tie in a bit of Easter as it is Easter Sunday today! 



Recently I finally managed to track down the highly-anticipated Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr cream eyeshadows. Woah what a mouthful! I'm sure these are more widely available now, but a few weeks back I could only find them in Superdrug stores. 


What are they? If you haven't heard of these, they are basically a cream eyeshadow. They have been compared to Mac Paint Pots. I can't comment on this as I have never tried paint pots. They claim to be super long lasting and are a multi-functional product!

Colour: The shade I picked up, as it was the only shade left, is "On and On Bronze". This is the European name but across the pond it is known as "Bad to the Bronze" which is a much cuter name! Anywho, the shades are the same. It is a beautiful bronze shade and is very shimmery also. They are available in 10 shades in the US but only 7 shades in UK/Ireland. Why are we also deprived of a few shades?!


Functions: This can be worn sheered out (top swatch above) for a quick wash of colour. They can also be worn more built up for a more intense look (bottom swatch). They can also act as a primer base or even as an eyeliner! These worked best for me when applied with my finger, I haven't ever tried using a brush but I'm sure that would work also.

Lasting-Power: They claim to be a 24 hour product, and even though I have never worn any type of product for such a length of time, they certainly last the entire day. They stay put perfectly, and once it hits the 10-12 hour mark, the shade fades a little but not exceptionally. I do have oily lids and didn't wear any primer so that may be taken into account. I didn't find any creasing problem either. Very impressive! 

Price/Availability: These retail for €7.99 at Boots and are also available in Superdrug stores.

Rating: 9/10




Thanks for reading dolls and Happy Easter!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x