Saturday 31 August 2013

Guest Post | Half Moon Nail Tutorial

Hi everyone, I’m Megan from Blondes Love Cupcakes and I am delighted to be returning the favour and writing a guest post for Stephanie :) A few weeks ago she wrote a post on how to make a delicious DIY hair mask, so I am writing about what I love best - nails. I hope you guys like my design, and be sure to check out my blog for more nail art and DIY tutorials :)


Half moon designs are all the rage lately with celebs like Lauren Conrad, Dita Von Teese & Beyoncé all sporting the chic design. So here is a super simple tutorial to show you how to replicate it at home! :)

  1. Paint two layers of a neutral base coat untill you have full even coverage (I used Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Lychee).
  2. Once your nails are fully dry, paint on half moons with a super thin paintbrush following where your cuticles would naturally occur. I never use stickers as guides because I hate when they pull up the base coat...but you can if you want! (I used Rimmel Pro No.393 Desire for this).
  3. Then draw a thin gold line around your maroon half moon to make it extra chic! (I used NYC New York Minute Full Metal Jacket).
  4. Once everything is fully dry, use a topcoat to seal it all and add shine.
  5. Show off your glamorous nails to your friends and prepare to be admired! :)


If you like this tutorial please follow me on bloglovin’ / twitter / instagram for more nail art designs Thanks for reading!





If you enjoyed this gorgeous nail tutorial make sure to check out Megan's blog here for more great posts!





4 comments:

  1. OMG totally cute!
    Lovely Blog :D Great stuff here!
    I am following you now on GFC and I hope you visit my blog and FOllow back too :D
    xx
    Red Alice
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guest posts are such a cute idea!
    Love this design, you can see it in my august favourites!
    Let me know if you want to follow each other xx
    coveredbygracee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love having a few guest bloggers! Thanks lovely x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x