Wednesday 28 August 2013

My Skincare Saviours (#TheSOProject)


Hello my lovely readers! Agh I need to apologise for my recent absence. I've been without wifi for the past ten days, therefore being unable to post here on the old blog. Anyway, without further-ado I'll get into the post which is all about skin care.


First off, I am taking part in the Starting Off Project run by Stephanie over on Steph's Inside Voice. She came up with the lovely idea to do weekly posts based around different topics to help out newbies to the beauty world, or just those interested in some new products and tips! If you want to here a more detailed description of #TheSOProject then click over here.

I have oily-combination sensitive skin. I suffer from breakouts but I'm lucky enough to not suffer from severe acne. My skin has been like this from about the age of thirteen I would say. It was worst around the age of 15 and has now settled down a bit but I still have breakouts. I've tried so many products, so here are the best ones in my opinion!

One word, Dermalogica. Dermalogica is a great brand and is renowned for its amazing skincare. It is on the higher-end of the market but when it comes to skin care, quality products are 100% worth it. In this case, it's an investment. If you're a young teenager I'd definitely recommend their 'Clean Start' (available here) range. It is designed especially for teenage skin and includes every product you could need for your skin whether it be spot treatment or moisturiser.
If you're on the look for something for all ages, my number one favourite product from the Dermalogica range is definitely their Dermal Clay Cleanser. This product has transformed my skin. It's gentle, purifying and can also be doubled up as a face mask. Check out the brilliant Dermalogica website here where you can face-map your skin to find out the best products for your skin type.


Skincare tips + tricks

  • Always, always, always take off your makeup. It's an old-age trick but an important one. Also, do it properly and get that gunk off your face. I recommend Bioderma for a thorough removal.
  • Drink water! Believe it or not, it works. Clearing your body from toxins is the best way to get clear, radiant skin.
  • Moisturise! Keeping your skin moisturised is so important as otherwise your skin will produce excess oils, clogging pores and causing breakouts. If you have naturally oily skin (like me), use an oil-free moisturiser.
  • Sudocrem. It's an amazing multi-purpose product and works great for getting rid of spots. It's also cheap as chips which is all the better.
  • Do not pick at your skin. Picking and over-squeezing spots and blackheads is the fast-track to scarring, which nobody wants.
  • Get into a good skincare regime. Yes it takes time and yes it's a bit of hassle but I can guarantee you won't regret it. A good skincare regime will stand to you for your entire life. Your future self will thank you for it!



They're my product recommendations and a few tips to get you on your way. If you have any tips or if you're also involved in #theSOProject, please let me know in the comments!



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm taking part in the SO Project too, love reading everyone's blogs: so fun to have a nosey into people's routines!

    Lex Talonted Lex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree- it's a great way to come across new blogs! x

      Delete
  2. I've had my eye on the Clean Start range for so long! Have you tried them yourself? Loving SO Project posts by the way :)

    Sarah

    xxx

    itsaskinthing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x